(Charleston, W.Va.) 7/24/2017 – Featuring a legendary drummer, country crooners, family favorites and a comic cartoon just in time for the holidays – the Clay Center presents a diverse lineup of performances this fall!
NEW for 2017! Pick Your Own Package! Choose any 3 shows and receive a15% discount off of all your tickets! Stick with the classic country combo, your family favorites, legendary rockers or spice it up with something from every genre – you have the power to choose!
- Friday, September 8 – Max Weinberg’s Jukebox @ 8PM
- This truly interactive performance features the legendary drummer of Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band taking your requests! The audience will determine the set list as they choose from a menu of over 200 songs. This show will feature on stage seating, cash bars, and as an added feature – local food trucks!
- Sunday, September 10 – Garrison Keillor’s Prairie Home “Love and Comedy Tour” @ 7PM
- This tour celebrates Garrison Keillor’s 75th birthday while offering two plus hours of stories, love duets, Guy Noir, cowboys, poetic outbursts and the famous Singing Intermission at which the eager and able bodied stand and sing around the campfire.
- Thursday, September 14 – Jake Owen at 7:30PM
- This laid back hit maker will bring a party atmosphere to the Maier Performance Hall with songs like “Beachin’,” “American Country Love Song,” “Startin’ With Me,” and “Anywhere With You.”
- Sunday, September 24 – PJ Masks Live! @ 3PM
- PJ Mask’s Live1, Time to be a Hero will kick off the fall family offerings! Join Owlette, Catboy and Geiko as they race in to the night to stop triple trouble – Romeo, Night Ninja and Luna Girl! VIP tickets are also available for this popular Disney Junior show.
- Sunday, October 8 – Mountain Stage with Larry Groce featuring Drive by Truckers, Paul Kelly & Daniel Norgren @ 7PM
- Mountain stage makes a popular return back to the Clay Center! Alt-country, southern rockers Drive-By Truckers headline this exciting night bringing tracks from their latest album, America Band. Daniel Norgren, a multi-instrumentalist with a knack for catchy melodies and vocal harmonies will be making his Mountain Stage debut on his first-ever North American tour!
- Thursday, October 19 – Charlie Daniels Band & The Marshall Tucker Band @ 7PM
- These legendary country classics will combine forces to bring an unforgettable night of music. Revel in the sounds of classics like “The Devil Went Down to George,” “Uneasy Rider,” and “Fire on the Mountain” when they take the stage.
- 6 Shows! Friday – Sundays October 27-29 & November 3-5 – The Addams Family co-presented with Charleston Light Opera Guild
- They’re creepy and they’re kooky…and they’re coming to the Clay Center! The Charleston Light Opera Guild presents The Addams Family! In this stage production, the kids are growing up and that leads to big changes. Secrets will be revealed, relationships tested and hilarity will ensue!
- Sunday, November 12 – Lee Brice and Randy Houser @ 7PM
- Two country greats team up for a memorable night of music on the Clay Center stage. Over the past ten years, Lee Brice has taken the music world by storm with hits like; “Love Like crazy,” “I Drive Your Truck,” and “I Don’t Dance.” Randy Houser burst on the scene in 2008 with hits including “Runnin’ Outta Moonlight,” “How Country Feels,” and “Boots On.” Both have also had prolific songwriting careers partnering with artists like Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, Trace Adkins and Justin Moore.
- Sunday, December 10 – Charlie Brown Christmas Live @ 3PM
- Ring in the holiday season with a family favorite, A Charlie Brown Christmas Live! Join Charlie Brown, Lucy, Snoopy and all your Peanuts favorites as they learn the true meaning of Christmas live on stage!
Sound Checks features modern music from the local and national scene along with a great selection of craft brews all in a party like atmosphere on stage in Maier Performance Hall. A special Sound Checks subscription is on sale now featuring all four shows for one low price of $50. Artists featured for the fall season are:
- Friday, September 15 @8PM – Magic City Hippies with opening support from Qiet
- Friday, October 13 @8PM – Steppin Stones
- Wednesday, November 22 @ 8PM – Porch 40
- Friday, December 15 @8PM – Christmas with the Company Stores
Season ticket packages are on sale now. Single tickets for all performances will go on sale to the general public Monday, July 31st at 10AM. Clay Center members and donors with performance benefits can buy tickets now!
In person: Box office hours are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Saturday 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
By phone: Call 304-561-3570 during regular box office hours.
Online: Visit tickets.theclaycenter.org to order online.
The Clay Center Fall Season is sponsored by the Charleston Convention & Visitor’s Bureau, HealthSmart, Huntington National Bank, and the West Virginia Lottery.
Additional support provided by partners including Arnett Carbis Toothman, LLP, Brickstreet, Chris Blanchard, Forbes Law Offices, PLLC, Roger L. Nicholson, Ed & Susan Maier, Suttle & Stalnaker, PLLC, and the Clay Center Board of Directors in honor of Kyle Mork.
Please note: Tickets purchased through third-party vendors may be fraudulent or priced above face value. All tickets should be purchased from the Clay Center box office in person, online at www.theclaycenter.org or by phone at 304-561-3570.