Founded in 1986, the Collectors Club was formed by members of the Charleston community as a way to raise funds for the then-named Sunrise Art Museum Permanent Collection. The Club has continued to acquire works for the museum through the move to the Clay Center, and members now also enjoy educational programming and the opportunity to travel the country looking at incredible art to purchase for the collection. The Clay Center is extremely fortunate to have the invaluable support of the Collectors Club, whose contribution has strengthened the collections with works by Picasso, Lichtenstein, David, Stella, Thiebaud, Hopper, and many more.
Becoming a member of Collectors Club allows you to:
- Support the acquisition of artworks for the Juliet Art Museum’s permanent collection
- Sponsor the presentation of visiting artists, arts professionals and exhibitions at the Juliet Art Museum
- Attend Juliet Art Museum exhibition receptions, special previews and tours of exhibits with the Curator of Art
- Attend visual arts lectures, symposia and other exciting educational events featuring guest artists and arts professionals
- Visit private collections not accessible to the general public
- Receive member only email notices of upcoming visual arts events
- Meet other members of the community who share an appreciation for the visual arts and want to learn
- Participate in Collectors Club trips to major art markets, including their museums, galleries, artist studios and other institutions that provide the conservation, education and creation of visual art
Should you have questions, need information or know of someone interested in joining, please contact Kathleen Brady at email@example.com or 304-561-3589.
Membership payment by check can be mailed to:
Clay Center for the Arts & Sciences
1 Clay Square
Charleston, WV 25301