- This event has passed.
Home School Day – Chemistry
March 21, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
March 21st – Chemistry
10AM Workshop for students 6-9 years: Experiment with simple chemical reactions and test your observation skills
11AM Workshop for students 10-13 years: Test chemical and physical reactions and observe the differences and similarities
The schedule is as follows for AGES 6-9:
9:30 AM – Arrival/Check-In
10:00 AM – Ages 6-9 – STEM Lab
10:50 AM – Ages 6-9 – Parents/Guardians are invited in the workshop to see child’s work
11:00 AM – Ages 6-9 – Museum Gallery Exploration
12:00 PM – Lunch (You can either bring your own lunch or order from the Cafe [Closed Mondays and Tuesdays])
The schedule is as follows for AGES 10-13:
10:30 AM – Arrival/Check-In
11:00 AM – Ages 10-13 – Museum Gallery Exploration
12:00 PM – Ages 10-13 STEM Lab
12:50 PM – Ages 10-13 – Parents/Guardians are invited in the workshop to see child’s work
1:00 PM – Lunch (You can either bring your own lunch or order from the Cafe [Closed Mondays and Tuesdays])
Due to limited space, parents will not be able to attend the workshop. Accommodations can be made for students with special needs who require assistance.
Please note a few changes to this year’s reservation process and age group ranges:
1. Payment will be accepted at the time of the reservation in order to hold your workshop spot (capacity= 30 spots).
Student: $9.00 ($6.00 admission + $3.00 workshop)
Student (Clay Center Member): $3.00
• Please Note: If you need to cancel your reservation, 24 hour notice must be given in order to receive a refund.
• Additional Attendees (parents, siblings, etc.) will pay the day of:
• Siblings: $6.00 [under age 12; not attending a workshop]
• Adult: $7.50
• Children 2 & under: Free
2. Workshop Participant Ages:
• Workshop Session 1: ages 6-9
• Workshop Session 2: ages 10-13
Please make sure to check in at the Box Office in order to get your stickers and schedules!