Camps & Workshops
Summer Camps 2020
All Camps are $30 per day; $130 per week*
*With the EXCEPTION of VEX Robotics and 3D Printing & Design, All camps will be register per day or for the week
- We will offer one camp per week and will use our largest classroom space to allow students to adequately social distance
- Camps will take place 9am – 4pm daily; Wrap Care will not be available this summer
- Upon arrival, students will go directly to classrooms A&B on the Museum lower level to begin a pre-camp activity until all students arrive
- During free exploration times, when students typically visit the Museum galleries, we will plan special activities to take place outdoors or in our open Grand Lobby to minimize contact with general public guests
- All students will need to bring a packed lunch, or parents can bring food to students during the designated lunch time
- Pre-registration will be required for each camp, and to provide flexibility, you have the option to register for only certain days of the camp week or for the entire week
- Camp Refund Policy: To receive a full refund, you must cancel 2 weeks in advance of the start of camp.
Week 4: July 6 – 10
Description: Construct a robot and navigate the engineering and programming challenges along the way.
Week 5: July 13 – 17
Description: Work like a professional problem solver to solve some fun engineering challenges, design buildings, and have a ton of fun along the way!
Week 6: July 20 – 24
Going Wild: Animal Expedition
Description: Join us as we travel around the globe exploring different habitats and the secret worlds they contain! You’ll dive into oceans, climb mountains, cross deserts, and more!
Week 7: July 27 – 31
Description: Crystals, Polymers, Reactions, OH MY! Create some exciting concoctions while learning the importance of asking questions and taking accurate measurements.
Week 8: August 3 – 7
3D Printing and Design; Week-Long
Description: Become one of the designers of the future by learning the basics of 3D Printing, CAD Design, and more in this tech-focused summer camp
Art & Science Discoveries
Description: Many of the things we take for granted like flying in airplanes, vacationing on a cruise ship or even making music would not have been possible without incredible discoveries that make these things possible. Explore the work of some remarkable humans and the discoveries that have impacted our world!
- Monday – Renaissance Engineering! (Da Vinci Engineering Challenges)
- Tuesday – Life Science Engineering (Engineering Biomes)
- Wednesday – Shocking Science (Electrical Circuits)
- Thursday – Sculptural Art (Sculpy Clay and other 3D techniques)
- Friday – Dig it up: Fossil Explorations (Fossils and Geology)