Clay Center Re-Opening
The Clay Center for the Arts & Sciences invites guests to foster their exploration of the arts and sciences. Museum hours will run Tuesday – Saturday from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM and Sunday from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM. Reservations are not required.
Vaccinated or not, wearing masks is strongly recommended while at the Clay Center. Due to increasing spread of COVID19 and the new Delta Variant, we urge you to properly wear a mask regardless if you are vaccinated or not. We take your safety and that of our staff very seriously.
Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our guests and team. As a science center, the Clay Center acutely understands the importance of maintaining a healthy and safe environment and the science behind COVID-19 transmission and prevention. Clay Center leadership made a decision early in the COVID-19 crisis to only reopen to the public when it was safe to do so. The Clay Center has closely aligned its reopening protocols with Governor Justice’s West Virginia Strong – The Comeback guidelines. We have carefully instituted new health and safety protocols within the Center and implemented ways for the Center Team and guests to be together, while ensuring social distancing.
Your Safety is Our Priority
Steps we’re taking to protect you!
What you can see:
- Mask Wearing – Vaccinated or not, wearing masks is strongly recommended while at the Clay Center. Due to fluctuating spread of COVID19 we urge you to properly wear a mask regardless of if you are vaccinated or not. We take your safety and that of our staff very seriously.
- Hand Sanitizing – For your protection there are hand sanitizing stations located throughout the building. We also recommend washing your hands with soap and water frequently and for at least 20 seconds.
- Cleaning Practices – Extra cleaning teams will be onsite cleaning high touch surfaces and bathrooms.
What you can’t see:
The Clay Center is now equipped with the latest in HVAC technology including filter upgrades, addition of UV-C lights, and a bipolar ionization process. This combination of equipment is the most effective technology to date for cleaning and decontaminating indoor air in large facilities like the Clay Center.
- Upgraded all HVAC filters to MERV15 – All air handling units have been upgraded exceeding the minimum filter recommendation of MERV13.
- Increased air ventilation & circulation – During large events, 100% of the air will be piped from outside. In normal circumstances, only 20% is from outside, while 80% is recirculated.
- Installation of UV-C lights –To disinfect the mold, bacteria, and viruses as it passes through the system.
- NPBI (Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization) – NPBI rids the air of viruses, bacteria, and allergens by introducing negative and positive ions into the air after filtration and UV disinfection.
Black Violin – POSTPONED – OCTOBER 19, 2021 AT 7:30 PM
Beach Boys – POSTPONED – New Date – SEPTEMBER 27, 2021 AT 7:30PM
STOMP – POSTPONED – New Date – NOVEMBER 18, 2021 AT 7:30 PM
Three Dog Night – POSTPONED – OCTOBER 7, 2021 AT 7:30 PM
Mountain Stage with Larry Groce ft. Saving Grace w/Robert Plant & Suzi Dian – CANCELED
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones– POSTPONED – APRIL 14, 2022
Nelly – POSTPONED – NOVEMBER 10, 2021
Trace Adkins – POSTPONED – SUNDAY, JANUARY 9, 2021 AT 7PM
Righteous Brothers – POSTPONED – TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2022
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other guests, and team members. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting the Clay Center. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By visiting the Clay Center you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Are advance reservations required?
No. Advanced reservations are no longer required but are recommended.
Can I make a reservation in person?
Yes, reservations and museum admission can now be made in person at the Clay Center Box Office.
What do I need to bring?
Electronic confirmation should be ready as you enter the building. We also recommend brining your own hand sanitizer (sanitizer is readily available throughout the building) and face covering(s).
Where do I park?
Parking is available for $3 per day in the Clay Center lot located on Washington Street.
What entrance should I use?
Please the Center’s main entrance, there will be clearly marked entrance and exit doors.
Will I be required to wear a mask?
The Clay Center is operating in accordance with the mask mandate change that took place on Sunday, June 20, 2021. On that date, Gov. Justice announced that he signed an executive order, officially lifting West Virginia’s Statewide Indoor Face Covering Requirement for all residents, regardless of vaccination status. However, vaccinated or not, wearing masks is strongly recommended while at the Clay Center. Due to increasing spread of COVID19 and the new Delta Variant, we urge you to properly wear a mask regardless if you are vaccinated or not. We your safety and that of our staff very seriously.