The Clay Center for the Arts & Sciences has two main performance venues the Maier Foundation Performance Hall and Walker Theater. Both facilities are a part of the Clark Performance Place. The Maier Foundation Performance Hall seats 1,850 people. The Walker Theater is a movable black-box theater that can seat up to 200 depending upon the room set-up. The Clay Center for the Arts & Sciences of West Virginia is a non-smoking facility.
One Clay Square
Charleston, West Virginia 25301
Loading Dock Access:
- There are two loading docks on the back of the building located on Brooks Street
- The 1st dock is for the Avampato Discovery Museum, and is the preferred delivery address for packages
- The 2nd dock nearest to Washington Street is for the Maier Foundation Performance Hall and Walker Theatre
- Both loading docks have 2 truck bays with 2 dock levelers at each location
Stage Door Access:
- The stage door is located between the two loading docks in the rear of the building on Brooks Street
- This is the preferred entrance for artists and technicians
Truck and Bus Parking:
- Can be accommodated at both loading docks
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Clay Center’s technical staff.
Director of Theaters and Sales
Assistant Technical Director