for the arts and sciences of west virginia
Today’s Museum Hours:
Today’s Ticketing Hours:
9 am - 5:30 pm
clay center presents fall 2016
broadway in charleston
Find An Event
inclement weather policy
ticket purchasing faq
now on exhibit
art lectures and programs archive
clay center's collectors club
selections & acquisitions
1986-1987 Collectors Club Acquisitions
1995 - 1999 Acquisitions
2000 - 2004 Acquisitions
2005 - present Collectors Club Acquisitions
milton gardner's earth city
family fun days
children and family workshops
in the community
science saturdays at capitol market
book your trip
professional development form
designate your gift
clay legacy society
gifts of stock
current donors and sponsors
directions, pricing and more info
Specials and Discounts
mission and vision
history of the clay center
facility & rentals
in the news
The Clay Center can help you, as a teacher/educator, meet your WV Content Standards and 21st Century Learning skills in all subject areas including: performances, workshops, films, planetarium shows, and interactive science and art exhibits! We have even worked with your fellow educators to identify these Content Standards and 21st Century Learning skills and subsequent curriculum to make it easy for you.
and discover our all new student and teacher guides for our school performances.
- Concepts: geology, meteorology, erosion, physics, and hydrology
Aligns with select Elementary and Middle 21
Century Science Standards
- Concepts: healthy lifestyles, wellness, x-ray technology, body systems, health, nutrition
Aligns with select Elementary and Middle School 21
Century Science and NG Health Standards
- Concepts: cause and effect, sense of sound, touch and sight, problem solving, balance and coordination, physical play
Aligns with select Kindergarten 21
Century Science and Music Standards
- This versatile space hosts
a variety of hands-on, interactive traveling science exhibits throughout the year.
Juliet Museum of Art
- Based on works from the Museum’s permanent collection of art, these exciting user-friendly art experiences provide ample opportunities for you to make cross-curricular connections to math, science, language arts and social studies.
- The Avampato Discovery Museum houses a collection of nearly 800 objects consisting primarily of 19th, 20th and 21st century American art. Almost all records of these objects are now available online.
- The Clay Center has several outdoor sculptures. Check out some of our curriculum materials for these unique artworks.
Power Your Future Mobile Gallery Energy Curriculum
Book a visit with our Power Your Future mobile gallery and use these resources pre & post visit!
This curriculum is designed to provide a general overview of various energy resources and forms of energy as well as connecting educators to other online educational resources.
Explore energy that comes from resources which are naturally replenished on a human timescale.
Explore energy that cannot be replenished on a human timescale (in a short period of time).
Other Forms of Energy
Century Content Standards and Objectives and Next Generation Science Standards
book your trip
funding provided by:
find us on:
Copyright © 2001 - 2012
for the Arts & Sciences of West Virginia. All rights reserved.